We use a variety of therapeutic approaches when working with children based on their strengths and areas of challenge.
We are an evidence-based practice and our methods have solid scientific background. Discussion of our findings and analysis will be provided at the Feedback session after an assessment. Optimal treatment frequency and model will be determined based on assessment results. Written reports are provided upon request.
We work with all diagnostic groups with a focus on infants as young as 24 hours of age to young adulthood.
We help in areas such as:
- Infant and toddler developmental milestones
- global developmental delays
- fine motor skills delays
- feeding difficulties (feeders with restricted repertoires, picky eaters, tube feeders requiring help to transition to oral feeding, structural differences such as tethered oral tissues, oral-sensory aversions and oral-motor delays)
- sensory processing issues and emotional regulation difficulties
- delayed skills such as poor sleeping habits related to developmental expectations and toilet training readiness/programs
- kindergarten readiness programs
- motor planning issues (‘clumsiness’)
- postural weakness or low muscle tone
- diagnoses such as ADHD, Autism, FASD, Down Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, Developmental Coordination Disability, Learning Disabilities, Sensory Processing Disorder, Spina Bifida, Extreme Prematurity, Ehler’s Danlos Syndrome, and other rare genetic syndromes.
Our therapy can include any of the following flexible approaches:
- Direct therapy model at home, with parent coaching
- Direct therapy model in clinic, with parent coaching
- Consultation to ABA programs, schools, daycares with email and scheduled telephone or in-person consultation meetings with parents on a semi-regular basis (as required)
- In-school programs with direct support to classroom activities (where permitted)
Please contact us today to schedule an Intake Session such that we can better understand your child’s needs, your areas of concerns and any questions you may have to help your child maximize their skill development.